grapesofwraith1066: I just thought this little mashup was a fun idea - I'm not trying to push a political agenda here! I just thought it'd be fun to imagine if we were to see the grandure of the idealistic "West Wing" in real life.
Now, we have the "Real West Wing." In this video, we have [with their TV counterparts]:
- David Axelrod - Senior Advisor
- Joe Biden - Vice President [Hoynes/Russell]
- Rahm Emanuel - Chief of Staff [Leo McGarry]
- Robert Gibbs - White House Press Secretarty [CJ Cregg]
- Valerie Jarrett - Senior Advisor, Assistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs, Public Liason
- Jim Messina - Deputy Chief of Staff [Josh Lyman]
- Ellen Moran - Communications Director [Toby Ziegler]
- Michelle Obama - First Lady [Abbey Bartlet]
- Mona Sutphen - Depty Chief of Staff [Josh Lyman]
- Barack Obama - President of the United States [Jed Bartlet - or maybe closer to Matt Santos!]
For all the people wondering why Hilary Clinton isn't in here (or any other cabinet members and secretaries), I was thinking about it, but ultimately decided to do it like the show "The West Wing," focusing on the behind the scenes White House staffers rather than cabinet-level members of the government. There were other people I would have liked to feature as well, but there was a lack of pictures or videos of those people. I was compelled to make one of the cabinet - but with 14 positions (plus Obama makes 15), that leaves 3 seconds for each person - which wouldn't be enough to make a quality video.