Saturday, August 07, 2010

Guess Who Still Opposes Gay Marriage?

From the Left: If you guessed Maggie Gallagher, Tony Perkins, Rick Warren, Pat Robertson, Joyce Meyer, Billy Graham, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Schlessinger, Michael Savage, Sarah Palin, and John McCain, well, you would be partially correct.

Less than 24 hours after a Federal judge overturned Proposition 8, California’s gay marriage ban, President Obama dispatched White House spokesman David Axelrod to reassure the president’s Christian-base that while Mr. Obama opposed Proposition 8 as “divisive and mean spirited,” and he will “continue to promote equality,” just not equality that includes marriage equality.

Axelrod told MSNBC today:

“The president does oppose same-sex marriage, but he supports equality for gay and lesbian couples, and benefits and other issues, and that has been effectuated in Federal agencies under his control.”
Got that?

Sadly, overturning Proposition 8 did not change the president’s narrow mindedness on same-sex marriage, and frankly, I didn’t think it would and, I don’t fault him.

So I hope President Obama won’t fault me in 2012 when he asks for my time, money and vote in his bid for reelection and I am forced to decline his request. I’m through with the president’s fence straddling on LGBT rights. Especially, on the fundamental right of marriage equality.

LSB: Sadly, Mr. President, you can't count on me anymore either. The hypocrisy is staggering and intolerable. I'll be searching for a new candidate for the White House job in 2012.

No comments: