Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rove on immigration: 'I don't want my son to have to pick tomatoes'

"The Corner" at the National Review Online reports that at a Republican luncheon yesterday, White House adviser Karl Rove was overheard explaining the Bush amnesty immigration plan by saying, "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

LSB: So if I understand this correctly, the Bush Admin wants a guest worker program with Mexico so that Karl Rove's son and the President's daughters, Bambi and Mitzi, don't have to work in the fields. Even as a joke, this reflects a sense of entitlement that continues to annoy me. These jokers have never had to work a day in their lives and their children have never been put in harm's way for an unjustified war... why is anyone listening to them?

No comments: