Saturday, November 08, 2008

Aravosis: I'd like your help regarding Utah and Prop 8

Gang,
I'm talking with some friends about possible "next steps" with regards to the passage of the anti-gay Prop 8 in California. We could use a little research help. It's been said that as many as 4 out of 5 dollars donated to the anti-gay Prop 8 forces came from Mormons, especially those in Utah. I'd like to know more about the Prop 8 donors.
Specifically, I'd like someone to go through the list of donors to Prop 8 and pull for us:
(1) The Top donors to Yes on 8 overall, who are they, where are they from, and how much did they give.
(2) Tell us the companies the top donors work for, and where those companies are based.
(3) Tell us the positions the top donors hold in these companies (I'm especially interested in anti-gay donors who hold senior management positions in their businesses, like the nice gentleman we wrote about yesterday who runs a number of Marriott hotels).
(4) A more general question - are there companies that have an especially large number of employees who gave to the anti-gay forces supporting Prop 8?
(5) I'm also interested in Yes on 8 donors, and more generally anti-gay donors (to causes other than Prop 8), with specific ties to Utah (either the donor lives in Utah or works for a company in, or based in, Utah).
(6) I'd like a list of the top businesses based in Utah.
Mormons have also been quite active supporting anti-gay causes in Alaska, Oregon and other places. I'd like a list of the anti-gay causes the Mormons have supported financially in the past, how much they've donated, etc. I'd also like the answers to the same questions above, as they pertain to the anti-gay campaigns in Alaska, Oregon, etc.
If you can think of anything else that might be useful, feel free to send it along. You can email me the information via the link at the top of the blog, the "send me tips" link, or you can feel free to post information in the comments.
One last thing. For each of the questions above, I'd like you to provide us with some "proof" of what you find, so we can fact check and make sure the information is correct (i.e., give us the Web address where you found the info, etc.)
Thanks as always, JOHN and company

No comments: