Thursday, December 25, 2008

Final Six Minutes of the Six Feet Under Series Finale

LSB: OK, it may be a bit bizarre to post this particular video on Christmas, but I just came across it on another blog and wanted preserve it. I loved this show and never missed an episode. Let me try to connect the dots for you.
Claire's road trip is an allegory (symbolic narrative) for her journey through life; as her road trip continues, we, the viewers, find out what happens to all of those she loved most. Claire's road trip is not unlike the journey we take every day, watching as others come in and go out of our lives. Some are here with us for a short time, and others are with us for a lifetime. In the end, as the old cliche goes, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters most... and those that take the journey with us are to be treasured most.
I guess I'm thinking this morning about some of those that have made a part of this journey with me, as well as all of those that continue to be by my side as the journey continues. Each has contributed to my life, and for that I am grateful. Merry Christmas!

No comments: