The Sunday Times: President George W Bush has enlisted British special forces in a final attempt to capture Osama Bin Laden before he leaves the White House.
Defence and intelligence sources in Washington and London confirmed that a renewed hunt was on for the leader of the September 11 attacks.
“If he [Bush] can say he has killed Saddam Hussein and captured Bin Laden, he can claim to have left the world a safer place,” said a US intelligence source.LSB: Reader comments.
- Yvonne: Bush will probably claim to have killed Bin Laden, oh, some time next October. SURPRISE. Of course, they won't have a body--just a hole in the ground, and they'll tell his body was "vaporized."
- Wilyum: Why now George? Little late don't ya think? Sounds all too suspicious to me.
- Bo: Why couldn't he have said...get bin laden...five years ago? What's the big hurry now?
- Dan: So were we not trying to find him before?
- Mike: OBL's usefulness has ended. The next boogeyman is Iran.